I recently just sat down and decided to make a list of what my goals are for this year. I’m really surprised at how different this list is compared to the last few years. I look down on my list and one thing I noticed is that it’s more..dare I say it.. grown up. Yikes. For a lot of us, growing up is such a scary thought. I know it was (still is) for me. All the responsibilities start to pile up and it’s enough to give anyone a mini anxiety attack. I like the thought of being independent. I like knowing that I can take care of myself without having to rely on my parents or partner. I’m in my mid 20s, and what I hear or read a lot is that kids nowadays become adults later than say, the previous generation. I’ll go ahead and blame the economy. Everyone else is, right?
Seriously though, let’s just say that I’m just starting to figure things out and why not go ahead and share this experience with whoever comes across and reads this. Maybe you’re in the same boat, so let’s figure this out together. If you’re an adult who has life figured out, please, by all means, let us know how that’s like and any tips would be great ;).
This is Life Series: 2015 Goals
- Get finances in check – this goal is the most important one and the rest of the items on this list will not even be possible if I don’t get this one right. Let me just start by saying, I am terrible with money. Actually, I WAS terrible with money. I’d like to think that I’m getting a better handle of what budgeting entails and controlling the impulse buying. Also learning how to save is high up on my priorities.
2. Go on vacation – I know, I know. This seems counter productive. Honestly, one thing I regret is not traveling sooner. It’s never too late and with knowing how to budget, hopefully I can save enough to make this happen. It can’t be all work with no play. 🙂
3. Be halfway done with BSN – This is taking longer than I had originally planned. I’m in the process of switching colleges so this goal got pushed back a few months.
4. Buy a house – I can’t believe I have this on my list either but it’s something I really really would like to achieve. My boyfriend and I know that if we play our cards right, we should be able to make it happen. I’ve recently brought this up to my parents, and they are thrilled that I’m thinking about getting my own house. I’ve spoken to other people about it and I got a pretty mixed results. About half of them think that I’m young and I should wait and the other half think it’s wonderful and is a good investment. So I definitely have a lot of things to think about.
- Grow 2ndShot Clothing – Some of you may or may not know that awhile back, my friend Stef and I started a project selling preloved items online. It has been a process and we’re continually working on it. I’d like to also devote some more time to this project and hopefully see it grow.
6. Learn to manage time better – Hmm. Between a full time job, school, trying to work out, spending time with loved ones, trying to manage an online shop, and trying to blog, it get’s really hard to figure out how to fit all these things within a 24 hour time frame and get enough sleep on top of that. But you know what? We are all given 24 hours in a day, some of the most successful people in the world just know how to utilize theirs better.
There you go. My big 2015 goals. If you have a 2015 goal post, leave your link below. I’d love to read them!
Love you all. Thanks for reading.