I’m jumping on this bandwagon and I’m going to hold on tight as to not fall during the ride. I’m going to use this blog (under Fitness section of course) to track and share my journey and progress.
Be fit or be healthy — everyone’s new year’s resolution… for about a week or two.
I’m going to be a little more lenient so I don’t disappoint myself. My goals are simple really, just to drink more water, quit soda and coffee (alright reduce intake instead of quit), to not eat every chocolate on sight, and look like this girl: Ashley Sky.
Okay, I might be pushing it a little with that last goal but hey, with hard work, I’m sure anyone can it.
Let’s get serious, I started with my actual fitness goal.
- Water. My water intake last year was less than impressive. This year my goal is about 1500ml a day. It’s been a week and I definitely know that I’m drinking more than I usually do.
- I would like to tone it up more. Everyone has their “undesirable” areas of their bodies that they’d like to work on. Mine would be my stubborn midsection. Solution? It’s mostly diet. So I have to lose weight.
- At the same time, since I’m pretty tiny, I can work on building muscles on areas that I want so I don’t look like I’m starving.
- Eat healthier. Ugh, hardest one so far. I’ve accepted the fact that I can never not have processed food but I can limit them. Doable indeed. I have downloaded a food diary app called My Diet Diary so I can keep track of what I eat and have a rough estimate of my calorie intake. Helpful with the losing weight part.
- Yoga at least once a week. Our library offers free yoga 3 times a week and this is one of my favorite thing to do on Sundays with my love. So this one is not a problem.
- Run more. At least 3 times a week. This one I’m doing so much better.
Okay so I have a plan. I just need to implement it.